PowerFlex® 70 drives are designed to worldwide standards providing out-of-the-box performance around the globe. Available ratings include
• 0.5…25 Hp output at 240V AC input
• 0.5…50 Hp output at 480V AC input
• 0.5…50 Hp output at 600V AC input
The PowerFlex 70 drive can be used with a full featured LCD human interface module (HIM) that provides multilingual text for startup,
metering, programming, and troubleshooting.
The PowerFlex 70 can be programmed for either volts per Hertz, sensorless vector, or vector control with FORCE Technology to cover a wide
range of applications from fans to extruders.
Optional internal communication modules provide fast and efficient control and/or data exchange with host controllers over popular
interfaces. These interfaces include: Connected Components Workbench™ software, DeviceNetManager™, EtherNet/IP®, ControlNet®, serial
communications, and other open control and communication networks. Computer tools such as DriveExplorer™ and DriveTools™ SP assist
with programming, monitoring, and troubleshooting the PowerFlex 70
Flexible Packaging and Mounting
• IP20, NEMA / UL Type 1 – For conventional mounting inside or outside a control cabinet. Conduit plate is vertically removable for easy
installation and replacement without disturbing conduit.
• IP66, NEMA / UL Type 4X/12 (indoor use) – For mounting directly in the production environment. Listed by UL to resist dust, dirt,
other contaminants, and to survive high-pressure water spray. Also certified by NSF International to verify conformity with
international food equipment standards.
• Flange Type – For mounting heatsink through back of an enclosure, thus removing a large portion of the heat inside a cabinet. The
backside is rated IP66, NEMA / UL Type 4X/12 for both indoor and outdoor use.
• Zero-Stacking™ Drive - Drives can be mounted directly next to one another with no reduction of ambient temperature rating
(50 °C [122 °F] for IP20, NEMA / UL Type 1, and Flange Mount; 40 °C [104 °F] for IP66, NEMA / UL Type 4X/12).
• Conformal Coating - The drive is coated in an insulator, or non-conducting substance, that helps protect it from moisture, fungus,
dust, corrosion, abrasion, and other environmental stresses caused by highly polluted atmospheres. The coating improves product
lifetime expectancy when exposure to corrosive environment is present. It helps maintain long-term surface insulation resistance,
ensuring operational integrity of the assembly.
Space Saving Hardware Features
• Integral electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) filtering provides a compact, all-in-one package solution for meeting EMC requirements,
including CE in Europe.
• Integral dynamic brake transistor delivers a cost-effective means of switching regenerative energy without costly external chopper
• Internal dynamic brake resistor requires no extra panel space, and supplies a large amount of braking torque for short periods.
• Internal Communications allow you to integrate the drive into the manufacturing process. Status indicators for all internal
communication options are visible on the cover for easy setup and monitoring of drive communications. You can easily manage
information from shop floor to top floor and seamlessly integrate their complete system as they control, configure, and collect data.
Easy to Use Human Interface Tools
The PowerFlex 7-Class AC drives provide common human interface tools that are familiar and easy to use. These tools include the LCD
human interface modules and computer-based configuration tools.
The LCD HIMs provide these features and functions:
• Large and easy to read 7-line x 21-character backlit display
• Variety of languages (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch)
• Alternate function keys for shortcuts to common tasks
• ‘Calculator-like’ number pad for fast and easy data entry (full numeric version only)
• Control keys for local start, stop, speed, and direction
• Remote versions for panel mount application